- Artist: Charles Yardley Turner
- Medium: Pastel sketch
- Signed: Lower left "C Y Turner"
Subject: This is a very important work, and an unbelievably find by this artist. This is a pastel sketch that the artist did in preparation for painting one of his most famous works, a large wall mural that is on display at the Cuyahoga County Courthouse in Ohio. The last picture is of the mural in the courthouse.
- The historical subject is the meeting of Roger's Rangers with Pontiac. Pontiac was a French ally and Chief of the Ottawas. Robert Rogers and his Rangers had traveled West at the end of the French and Indian War to take possession of the outpost.
- Condition: The sketch is in excellent, ready for display condition.
- Measurements: The sight area of the pastel is 13.5" by 27.5", and the total frame measures 22" by 36".